OPERATIONAL GUIDE AND TOOLBOXES
Climate change is dramatically affecting the Mediterranean Sea, which is warming at a rate 3 times faster (0.41°C per decade) than the world’s average (0.13°C per decade).
MPAs are recognised as one of the strongest and effective tools for protecting marine life and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
The MPA Engage approach and novel tools developed address the following five core actions:
1. Assessment of the ecological and socio-economic vulnerability of MPAs to climate change
2. Harmonized monitoring of the climate change effects and impacts in MPAs
3. Engagement of local communities in citizen science activities to monitor the climate change effects and impacts in MPAs
4. Elaboration of climate change adaptation plans
5. Engagement and mobilization of all key actors of the quintuple helix participatory framework
Read HERE our Operational Guide for USERS of the MPA Engage Results and Outputs!
And explore our TOOLBOXES: