The participatory process starts in Catalonia MPAs with two dedicated webpages
The Web pages for the participatory process concerning Cap de Creus Natural Park and N2000 Litoral Baix Empordà in Catalonia, have been published in the offical government platform of participatory processes of Generalitat of Catalonia.
Generalitat of Catalonia will:
- publish in these webpages all information citizens could need for the participatory processes;
- make all calls for the different organized sessions;
- open discussions for different issues;
- open a blog for news;
- establish a public open general page;
- set a private area for the direct actors involved in the participatory process, where to publish all documents and information generated during the process, etc.
The official portal Participa.cat has been created within the framework of open government of Catalonia with the aim of pursuing a communication between the Administration and the citizens that is bidirectional, permanent, and transparent.
Citizens can participate in open government policies through different portals:
- Transparency: The portal is managed by the Generalitat and incorporates information from local administrations and other Catalan administrations and entities.
- Open data: It is the portal where the Generalitat’s public data are published with the aim of encouraging their use.
- Citizen participation: It is the participation portal from which citizens can access the participation processes promoted by the Generalitat.
Generalitat of Catalonia Statement
Citizen participation or involvement is the incorporation, in a transparent and orderly manner, of people and civil society into public decision-making, in order to empower them. With citizen participation, we deliberate, structurally, on issues of strategic importance related to public policies and services.
Through citizen participation, citizens can collaborate in the elaboration, monitoring and evaluation of the public policies of the government of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
This new relationship between the Administration and the citizens involves listening to them actively and being able to establish channels of dialogue that allow the diversity of the citizens to emerge.
Knowledge is distributed among the citizens, who at the same time distrust an Administration that feels distant and often inefficient. Thus, the today's challange is to be able to incorporate this knowledge and shorten the distance that separates Amministration from the citizens, improving public policies and at the same time generating trust and institutional legitimacy
Citizens have the opportunity to learn new skills through diferent oficial courses that provide us with an overview of citizen participation policies for the design and implementation of participatory processes, the criteria for making a quality participation, as well as the main knowledge to be able to use the tool provided in the citizen participation channels on the participa.gencat.cat portal.